You are here
Switchboards can be custom designed or utilize a standard configuration to meet specific dimensional and electrical requirements. They can include fully integrated component options from leading manufacturers, including automatic transfer switches, TVSS, distribution transformers, and PLC or relay based transfer schemes. Circuit breakers and fusible switches can be group or individually mounted. Indoor and outdoor enclosures are available in a wide range of durable color finishes.
- Voltage: Up to 600Vac, up to 250Vdc maximum
- Ampacity: 400A to 12000A maximum bus rating
- 65 kAIC standard bus bracing (100 or 200kAIC – optional)
- Switchboard ratings through 12000A, 200kAIC up to 480V, 100kAIC up to 600V
- Type 1 or 3R NEMA enclosures
- Paint ANSI 61 – standard, other colors available as option
- Front, rear, and side accessibility
- Devices can be individually (vertically) or group (panel/horizontally) mounted
- Custom sheet metal and bus flexibility for busway and transformer connections
- Extensive protective device accessories available
- Silver-plated copper bus, tin-plated aluminum bus or optional tin plated or bare copper
- 1000A per sq in. fully rated copper bus systems
- 750A per sq in. fully rated aluminum bus systems
- Tested to short circuit rating of 3 cycles (.05 seconds) or to immediate trip of tested OCPD or braced to UL configuration standards
- Rigid frame construction isolating bus and breaker assemblies from enclosure
- Metering compartments built to applicable Utility’s standards
- Variety of fully integrated component options available including automatic transfer switches, SPD, distribution transformers, and PLC or relay based transfer schemes, automation, metering and monitoring
- Switchboard fed by cables, cable bus, bus duct, or transformer
- Thermal-magnetic, electronic fixed mounted circuit breaker mains and feeders,
- Group mounted, fix-mounted fusible switch mains and feeders or combination of fixed mounted breakers and fusible switches
- Thermal magnetic, electronic circuit breakers with standard, high kAIC or current limiting capability, 80% or 100% rated
- All commercially available UL Listed options on circuit breakers and fusible switches
Fully rated bus is based on density ratings, not UL heat rise tests, resulting in more bus and lower operating temperatures.
All enclosures are finished using a state-of-the-art powder coating system providing an indoor finish that exceeds the 1500 hour salt spray testing requirement for outdoor equipment to 3000 hours.
Component and metering selections are based on value engineering for the application and optimized to meet specifications.
- IEM Switchboards meet or exceed applicable industry standards, including UL891, CSA, NEMA standards PB-2, NEMA 1 and NEMA 3R enclosures. Uses UL489 or UL1066 listed breakers
- IEM Switchboards meet seismic testing, circuit requirements as outlined by IEEE344 and ICC-ES-AC156.