You are here
VESTA-AR™ Medium Voltage Metal-Clad Arc-Resistant Switchgear with magnetically actuated VM1 circuit breaker technology is designed to meet the needs of customers who demand the highest quality power distribution assembly with the smallest footprint (24” x 96” x 60”).
Vesta’s plenum design redirects dangerous arc flash energy away from operating personnel, front-facing current transformers simplify maintenance, and magnetically actuated breakers operate up to 100K times, greatly reducing the need of service, In all, over a dozen key features were built into this revolutionary
- Rated Voltage: 5-15kV; 95kV BIL
- Current: 600-2000A; 31.5kA
- Dimensions / 1200A: 24” x 96” x 60”
- Dimensions / 2000A: 30” x 96” x 72”
- Magnetically actuated breaker – up to 100,000 operations
- Full front accessibility
- Draw out breaker, PT, CT & CPT
- Shortest breaker pole spacing between phases
- Infrared viewing ports
- Front and rear viewing windows
- Epoxy insulated bus bar as standard
- Plenum design incorporated into structural configuration. No additional height requirement.
- UL & cUL listed; Type 2A and 2B in accordance with ANSI/IEEE standards
Full front accessibility for cable connections and current transformers (CT); this design feature ensures ease of maintenance, minimal usage of floor space and creates a safe environment.
Front & Rear Viewing Windows
Located on the front and rear of the assembly, these viewing casements allow complete access to viewing of the bus bar compartment for maintenance to assess any signs of overheating of the bus.
Infrared (IR) Viewing Ports (Optional)
Front and rear infrared viewing ports allow maintenance personnel to easily access thermal monitoring of the equipment without having to open the enclosure. IR technology ensures the operators safety while assessing the equipment’s internal components for possible overheating.
Insulated Bus Bar System
Medium Voltage insulating and support system with specialty designed structure for current transformers (CT’s). Epoxy insulated bus as standard.
KEMA-Powertest completed. Rigorous testing shows fully reinforced and sealed joints, hinges and latches, which reduce the risk of damage to maintenance personnel and other existing equipment in the event of an arc flash.
VESTA-AR fulfills the requirement for a switchgear assembly that makes efficient use of available floor space and minimizes the time required for inspection, repair and maintenance of equipment. IEM’s arc resistant technology ensures a safe and reliable solution for maintenance personnel and facility in the event of an arc flash.
All enclosures are designed for specific application with improved dimensional flexibility and finished using state of the art powder coating system providing an indoor finish that exceeds the 1500 hour salt spray testing requirement for outdoor equipment to 3000 hours.
- UL & cUL Listed, Meets or exceeds type 2A and 2B in accordance with ANSI/IEEE 37.20.7. and NEMA standards.