You are here
IEM’s Unit Substations can utilize any configuration up to 27kV. They are designed for industrial applications to convert distribution voltages to utilization voltages. Easy interface with both primary and secondary switchgear. Outdoor or indoor. Primary voltage from 38kV, secondary voltage > 5kV.
- Primary – Air terminal chamber, vacuum circuit breaker or load interrupter switch to 27kV
- Transformer – Any commercially available transformer
- Secondary – Vacuum circuit breaker or load interrupter switches, UL 891 or UL 1558 switchgear
- Maximum flexibility with wide range of components and ratings to meet application specifics
- Indoor or outdoor assemblies/construction
- Configures to any commercially available transformer by leading manufacturers
- Comprehensive substation composite layout drawings
- Superior flexibility options including increased utilization of space
- Improved voltage regulation and lowered power losses
- Complete coordination of substation components ensures precise fit
- Minimizes the use of secondary distribution cables and busway
Fully rated bus is based on density ratings, not UL heat rise tests, resulting in more bus and lower operating temperatures.
All enclosures are designed for specific application with improved dimensional flexibility and finished using state of the art powder coating system providing an indoor finish that exceeds the 1500 hour salt spray testing requirement for outdoor equipment to 3000 hours.
Component and metering selections are based on value engineering for the application and optimized to meet specifications.
- IEM Switchgear meets seismic testing, circuit requirements as outlined by IEEE344 and ICC-ES-AC156