You are here
At IEM, we pride ourselves in setting and raising the bar for innovation in the electrical distribution industry. From advanced engineering and technologies, to our parallel manufacturing process, quality control practices and experienced management, IEM is making a difference and so can you.
Our success depends on cultivating the diversity and skills that our employees bring to our business. We offer challenging projects, collaboration with smart people and an inventive culture. IEM employees appreciate working in an autonomous environment that fosters creativity and individual growth.
We’re looking for talented individuals who consistently go the extra mile for a project, client and colleague, people who are committed to continuous professional growth.
To apply for a career opportunity with IEM, send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com and include the title of the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line. Please submit these documents as attachments in Word, Excel or Adobe PDF formats. Do not provide hyperlinks to websites for download. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The overall responsibility of this position is to coordinate procurement and inventory review. This position will have responsibility for procurement of materials, supplies, MRP and materials movements between plants as required.
- Review MRP report, verify the demand and place orders.
- Confirm all purchase orders and update ERP system in timely manner.
- Review supplier quotes, get new quotes and update quotes in the ERP system as needed.
- Review past due purchase orders to follow up with supplier and be pro-active to follow up with suppliers to avoid late deliveries.
- Work with customer support, production and receiving department on daily based to close any open actions.
- Review materials usage, forecast and take action as required to meet customer demand.
- Negotiate best prices available and select primary suppliers based on best price, quality and service.
- Maintain Supplier survey questioners and performance records.
- Process Customer RMA and work with suppliers as needed/disposition to close component RMA.
- Responsible to maintain ERP System lead times and planning data.
- Resolve all receiving and invoice discrepancies as needed in timely manner.
- Verify manual requisitions and place orders as required per request for MRO and services.
- Responsible to maintain optimum level of inventory and ensure no disruptions in production flow.
- Must review all Contracts, agreements, NCNR docs, VMI and verbal agreements with materials manager for approval.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in purchasing, preferred contract manufacturing or manufacturing environment in an engineered to order business.
- Knowledge of Microsoft windows and MS office, proficient in Excel.
- Experience with ERP systems is required, Infor preferred.
- Experience deploying and working with Kanban is highly advantageous.
- Experience with continuous improvement, 5S and preferably Lean fundamentals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sense of urgency, Well organized and self-managed.
- Comfortable working independently or as part of a team, with commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to manage multiple priorities efficiently.
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC – FREMONT, CA
IEM (Industrial Electric Mfg.) in Fremont, CA is the largest independent full-line manufacturer of custom electrical distribution and power quality equipment in North America. IEM has delivered customer-specific solutions to meet the ever changing power requirements of growth industries in North America for over half a century. This position offers an exciting opportunity within an innovative, employee-oriented company.
The maintenance mechanic position conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training; exposure to high-speed equipment
- 2+ years of related experience with packing machines/production machines
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER – PORTLAND, OR or FREMONT, CA
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will create drawings and bills of materials from which IEM will build custom electrical switchgear/switchboards. Control systems involving PLC’s, intelligent controllers and protective relays will be implemented within designs. Writing of detailed Sequences of Operation may be required on projects with automation components. Generating engineering reports and procedures as well as completing programming assignments of automation components, protective devices, or other electrical equipment will also be included. Occasional travel to customer sites for commissioning, troubleshooting or evaluation purposes as well as travel for job training, project testing or other project related business will occur and should not exceed 30%.
Requirements: A technical education or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years working in a power and/or control (PLC system) related field is a must, including an understanding of basic electrical and control system principles and a familiarity with reading electrical schematics, three line diagrams and control/communications diagrams. Previous hands-on field experience, willingness to travel and a familiarity with Microsoft Office products is also required. AutoCAD experience, knowledge of IEEE/ANSI C37.20 and UL891/1558 design guidelines and NFPA70E are desirable. A positive attitude, attention to detail, pride in workmanship and working well within a team are traits that would describe a successful engineer in our field.
ENTRY-LEVEL APPLICATIONS ENGINEER/QUOTATIONS – FREMONT, CA
Reporting to the Manager of Applications Engineering, you will be trained to provide technical quotations through the analysis of costs of materials & labor associated with designing, engineering, and producing final custom assemblies for our LV/MV Switchgear. Responsibilities encompass completing quotations/proposals which would include reviewing and interpreting engineered drawings and specifications, working closely with our suppliers, and interacting regularly with our sales, engineering, production and purchasing departments.
You will be part of the Applications Engineering team which provides the sales force with support by performing proposal preparation. Training will also be provided on the estimating tools used to generate the quotations. Minimal travel expected.
Requirements: A Technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of an internship/co-op or direct experience in a manufacturing environment or the electrical industry. Being a team player with excellent computer, communication and organizational skills are a must.
ENTRY-LEVEL PRODUCTION WORKERS – FREMONT, CA
We seek workers for 2 shifts:
- 1st shift: 5 people for 1st shift (6am – 2:30pm)
- 2nd shift: 7 people for 2nd shift (2:30pm – 11pm)
ENTRY LEVEL SHEET METAL FACRICATION
Requirements: 2:30 – 11pm shift (also one person for 1st shift) You must be able to work with fabrication machinery, use a tape measure, work well with others and follow instructions. You must also be capable of lifting 40 lbs. TRAINING PROVIDED.
ENTRY LEVEL PAINT SHOP WORKERS
Requirements: 2:30 – 11pm shift. You must be willing to learn the paint system, able to work well with others and follow instructions. You must also be capable of lifting 40 lbs. TRAINING PROVIDED.
ENTRY-LEVEL MECHANICAL ASSEMBLERS
Requirements: 2:30 – 11pm shift. You must be mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand tools and tape measure. Working well with others, following instructions, and being capable of lifting 40 lbs. are also a requirement. TRAINING PROVIDED
ENTRY-LEVEL LV ASSEMBLERS
Requirements: 6am – 2:30pm shift. You must be mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand tools and tape measure. Working well with others, following instructions, and being capable of lifting 40 lbs. are also a requirement. TRAINING PROVIDED.
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for performing all mechanical and related functions to manufacturing high quality electrical equipment. This position is for our Jacksonville, FL facility.
- Read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other instructions or procedures to accurately assemble materials and equipment.
- Use multiple measuring devices such as scales, feeler gauges, rulers, micrometers, calipers tee square, machinist square and tape measure to accurately and precisely perform work.
- Punch, jig or perform layout of enclosure doors or enclosures.
- Fabricate and install bus bar sections per drawings or instructions.
- Fabricate, modify and/or install various metallic or non-metallic items and components.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Perform touch-up painting as directed.
- Comply with all safety, quality and work rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Set up, operate and maintain production tools and equipment.
- Keep the supervisor informed of problems, progress and suggestions in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times.
- Identify opportunities that provide cost effective alternative methods to process and materials.
- Keep red-lines of any drawing changes required during manufacturing and turn in to supervisor upon their request.
- Perform other duties which may be required by supervisor.
- Technical Capability
- Skilled with Hand and Power Tools
- Problem Solve/Analysis
- Learning Orientation
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Attention to detail and Thoroughness
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 1 years of experience in a metal fabrication shop using mechanical equipment.
- Welding experience strongly preferred.
- Physical Demands: Activities: Sitting – 10% Walking/Standing – 90%. Lifting: Frequently lift up to 50 lbs. Bending: Must be able to bend, squat, crawl and climb. Vision: Long periods of close work on small fonts and fine print on drawings and ability to see small or detailed items.
- Mental Demands: Interpret, analyze, research and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Environment: Shop/warehouse. Not climate controlled. Exposure to excessive heat and cold, wet/humid conditions, noise/vibration, hazards, dust and fumes.
SALES ENGINEER (SWITCHGEAR – LA AREA)
As a Sales Engineer for IEM in the Greater LA Area, you will be responsible for the sales of IEM Power distribution products (MV/LV Switchgear, Switchboards, Panelboards) through distribution and direct channels. This includes developing and maintaining the large Electrical Contractor accounts, Electrical Consulting Engineer accounts, Electrical Wholesale/Distribution accounts and developing contacts with key end user accounts.
Requirements: A technical degree or equivalent and a minimum 3 years’ experience in the sale of power distribution equipment (MV/LV switchgear/switchboards). A strong track record of negotiating medium and large project orders, successfully developing new contacts, maintaining current relationships with major contractors throughout the sales cycle and maximizing client potential is a must. Experience generating accurate project proposals utilizing MV/LV switchgear to present a complete bid package is required. A self-motivated individual with a high level of professionalism, excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills are also required. Ideal candidate will be known in the greater LA electrical equipment market and will have developed a trust with a core group of existing contractors/distributors.