You are here
At IEM, we pride ourselves in setting and raising the bar for innovation in the electrical distribution industry. From advanced engineering and technologies, to our parallel manufacturing process, quality control practices and experienced management, IEM is making a difference and so can you.
Our success depends on cultivating the diversity and skills that our employees bring to our business. We offer challenging projects, collaboration with smart people and an inventive culture. IEM employees appreciate working in an autonomous environment that fosters creativity and individual growth.
We’re looking for talented individuals who consistently go the extra mile for a project, client and colleague, people who are committed to continuous professional growth.
To apply for a career opportunity with IEM, send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com and include the title of the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line. Please submit these documents as attachments in Word, Excel or Adobe PDF formats. Do not provide hyperlinks to websites for download. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for creating wiring and layout diagrams used by production workers and technician’s who build, install, commission, and repair electrical equipment for various industries.
- Design and draw wiring and layout diagrams
- Create wiring lists
- Create wire numbers / labels
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are then checked by an engineer
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems
- Maintain / expand existing CAD libraries
- Create visual guidelines for construction purposes
- Create and store drawings electronically
- Prepare design variations
- Explain concepts to production workers
- Perform other duties which may be required by supervisor
- Communication Proficiency
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Technical Capability
- Ability to perform work independently of supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree or technical certification preferred or a high school diploma with professional experience
- 3 years of electrical design work in an engineer to order manufacturing environment
- Previous switchgear / switchboard and electrical control panel design experience preferred but not required
SENIOR SALES ADMINISTRATOR – LANGLEY, BC
As Senior Sales Administrator, you will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Receive quote requests and preparing cost proposals for new builds, infills, etc. (Expectation is for these to be published same day or within 24 hours maximum)
- Reconcile IEM internal demand forecast spreadsheet with requested on-site dates/quantities per quotes issued (minimum weekly, often multiple times per week)
- Order processing (O/E) and releases to production
- Invoicing/overdue billing issues with IEM accounting department
Administering and coordinating customer’s entire cycle will include but not limited to:
- Quotation details; track of purchase orders
- Participate in weekly/daily scheduled production update meetings with customer and contribute status information
- Build quantities, tracking delivery address and site contact information
- Ongoing daily communication with various departments in customer regarding capacity, inventory, ship dates, delivery dates, pull-ins, push-outs, delivery addresses, contact information, requests for documents, etc.
- Keeping customer appraised of ship dates, changes, etc. and keeping things “on track”
- Delivery coordination with each site
- Close-out, warranty, close-out/record documentation and deliver to the entity managing for a given build
- Warranty requests from each site. May consist of sending replacement parts, sending an IEM technician to site (site construction manager, general contractor, electrical sub-contractor)
Initial training in California for 2-3 weeks. Occasional travel may be required.
Requirements: A minimum 5 years of experience as a successful Senior Administrator in a busy/fast paced environment, preferably in a Sales department, are required. Being flexible and exhibiting an outgoing/service-oriented and positive personality is a must. Strong organizational, written and verbal skills, excellent attention to detail, and strong proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint are also required. A technical background or experience in a manufacturing/sales environment is a plus
CONTROLLER – LANGLEY, BC
- Complete the monthly financial reporting processes in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, journal entries, account analysis, and review of monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, GST/PST returns
- Provide analysis of forecasts, financial results, cash flows and operating metrics
- Perform job costing analysis and ensure costs are accurately captured
- Manage and support the accounting team in their daily tasks and responsibilities and provide mentoring to the team
- Plan and coordinate the external audit and tax compliance process
- Maintain a strong internal control environment to ensure continuous compliance with various regulatory requirements, including ASPE, applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations for financial and tax reporting
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc reports, financial reviews and special projects as directed by the leadership team
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10 years of accounting experience in increasingly responsible positions
- Accounting designation (CA/CGA/CMA/U.S. CPA)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience with ERP system
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferable
SALES ENGINEER (SWITCHGEAR – SF BAY AREA)
As a Sales Engineer for IEM in the SF Bay Area, you will be responsible for the sale of IEM power distribution products (MV/LV Switchgear, Switchboards, Panelboards) through direct channels. This includes developing and maintaining medium and large Electrical Contractor accounts and developing contacts and sales with key end user accounts. Candidate should be skilled in assembling large project package quotations to include IEM and non IEM products as necessary to furnish a complete bill of material to the customer. Busway and Residential Metering knowledge and experience a plus. History of annual switchgear sales in excess $4M a plus. The general territory will be select accounts in San Francisco and the East Bay. Your office base will be in the IEM Fremont production plant.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years’ experience in the sale of power distribution equipment (MV/LV switchgear/switchboards)
- A strong track record of negotiating medium and large project orders, successfully developing new contacts, maintaining current relationships with major contractors throughout the sales cycle and maximizing client potential is a must
- Experience generating accurate project proposals utilizing MV/LV switchgear plus non IEM products to present a complete bid package is required
- A self-motivated individual with a high level of professionalism, excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills are also required
- Ideal candidate will be known in the Bay Area electrical equipment market and will have developed a trust with a core group of existing contractors, end users or electrical distributors
SHIPPING/RECEIVING CLERK – LANGLEY, BC
You will be responsible for picking, packing, shipping, receiving, recording and controlling the movement of parts, supplies and materials to and from the warehouse as well as supporting the shop floor. Creation of export paperwork (Bills of Lading, NAFTA forms, Customs paperwork, Commercial Invoices) will also be included. This position is PHYSICALLY DEMANDING.
Requirements: A minimum 2 years of experience in the warehousing industry including international shipping and the creation of export paperwork are required. The ability to lift 40 lbs, forklift experience and basic computer skills (Word & Excel) are also a must. The ideal candidate must excel in providing superior customer service, being detail oriented, and having excellent verbal and written communication skills. Being able to work overtime and with minimal direction is also a must.
ENTRY-LEVEL APPLICATIONS ENGINEER/QUOTATIONS – FREMONT, CA
Reporting to the Manager of Applications Engineering, you will be trained to provide technical quotations through the analysis of costs of materials & labor associated with designing, engineering, and producing final custom assemblies for our LV/MV Switchgear. Responsibilities encompass completing quotations/proposals which would include reviewing and interpreting engineered drawings and specifications, working closely with our suppliers, and interacting regularly with our sales, engineering, production and purchasing departments.
You will be part of the Applications Engineering team which provides the sales force with support by performing proposal preparation. Training will also be provided on the estimating tools used to generate the quotations. Minimal travel expected.
Requirements: A Technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of an internship/co-op or direct experience in a manufacturing environment or the electrical industry. Being a team player with excellent computer, communication and organizational skills are a must.
ENTRY-LEVEL PRODUCTION WORKERS – FREMONT, CA
We seek workers for 2 shifts:
- 1st shift: 5 people for 1st shift (6am – 2:30pm)
- 2nd shift: 7 people for 2nd shift (2:30pm – 11pm)
ENTRY LEVEL SHEET METAL FACRICATION
Requirements: 2:30 – 11pm shift (also one person for 1st shift) You must be able to work with fabrication machinery, use a tape measure, work well with others and follow instructions. You must also be capable of lifting 40 lbs. TRAINING PROVIDED.
ENTRY LEVEL PAINT SHOP WORKERS
Requirements: 2:30 – 11pm shift. You must be willing to learn the paint system, able to work well with others and follow instructions. You must also be capable of lifting 40 lbs. TRAINING PROVIDED.
ENTRY-LEVEL MECHANICAL ASSEMBLERS
Requirements: 2:30 – 11pm shift. You must be mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand tools and tape measure. Working well with others, following instructions, and being capable of lifting 40 lbs. are also a requirement. TRAINING PROVIDED
ENTRY-LEVEL LV ASSEMBLERS
Requirements: 6am – 2:30pm shift. You must be mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand tools and tape measure. Working well with others, following instructions, and being capable of lifting 40 lbs. are also a requirement. TRAINING PROVIDED.
SALES ENGINEER (SWITCHGEAR – LA AREA)
As a Sales Engineer for IEM in the Greater LA Area, you will be responsible for the sales of IEM Power distribution products (MV/LV Switchgear, Switchboards, Panelboards) through distribution and direct channels. This includes developing and maintaining the large Electrical Contractor accounts, Electrical Consulting Engineer accounts, Electrical Wholesale/Distribution accounts and developing contacts with key end user accounts.
Requirements: A technical degree or equivalent and a minimum 3 years’ experience in the sale of power distribution equipment (MV/LV switchgear/switchboards). A strong track record of negotiating medium and large project orders, successfully developing new contacts, maintaining current relationships with major contractors throughout the sales cycle and maximizing client potential is a must. Experience generating accurate project proposals utilizing MV/LV switchgear to present a complete bid package is required. A self-motivated individual with a high level of professionalism, excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills are also required. Ideal candidate will be known in the greater LA electrical equipment market and will have developed a trust with a core group of existing contractors/distributors.