You are here
At IEM, we pride ourselves in setting and raising the bar for innovation in the electrical distribution industry. From advanced engineering and technologies, to our parallel manufacturing process, quality control practices and experienced management, IEM is making a difference and so can you.
Our success depends on cultivating the diversity and skills that our employees bring to our business. We offer challenging projects, collaboration with smart people and an inventive culture. IEM employees appreciate working in an autonomous environment that fosters creativity and individual growth.
We’re looking for talented individuals who consistently go the extra mile for a project, client and colleague, people who are committed to continuous professional growth.
To apply for a career opportunity with IEM, send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com and include the title of the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line. Please submit these documents as attachments in Word, Excel or Adobe PDF formats. Do not provide hyperlinks to websites for download. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (SWITCHGEAR COMMUNICATIONS AND AUTOMATION) – JACKSONVILLE, FL / STERLING, VA / OR WITHIN 300 MILES OF BOARDMAN, OR (INCLUDES PORTLAND, SEATTLE, SPOKANE, BEND, EUGENE).
Purpose of Position:
IEM is seeking hands-on field engineers to support the modification of switchgear and controls, with a
focus on industrial automation equipment. The professional chosen for this position will work with the
IEM team to assess, troubleshoot, and commission industrial networking and automation hardware into
existing customer sites.
- Perform inspections, troubleshooting and commissioning of power products. These systems may include automation systems, PLCs, and / or data acquisition systems
- Assess customer industrial network prior to engineering and service efforts to determine scope of work to be performed
- Select appropriate hardware based on site requirements and protocols used and create engineering documents for purchase and manufacturing
- Work with commercial and engineering teams to create schedules and installation plan, including generation of drawings and writing of detailed sequences of operations
- Coordinate and assist with equipment installation with site representatives
- Execute site installation plan, utilizing understanding of industrial communications architectures, engineering, power distribution, and automation equipment
- Program complex automation and protective relaying systems
- Technical product support and troubleshooting
- Provide training for end users at customer sites
- Travel to customer sites, up to 80%, depending on location
- Document all service related activity
Education and Experience:
- Strong understanding and experience working with electrical distribution equipment: switchgear, substations, etc. (At least 2 years’ experience)
- Field experience working on / near energized equipment
- Understanding and familiarity with lock out tag out procedures involving multiple power sources
- Experience with network management protocols
- Customer coordination experience
- Familiarity with industrial communication protocols: Modbus TCP/Serial, Ethernet/IP and BACnet
- Strong communicator
- Experience working with time synchronization protocols such as PTP and NTP
- Project management experience
- PLC programing experience
- SCADA/EPMS installation and/or programming experience
- Familiarity with IP networking concepts including: switching, subnetting, routing, firewalls, QoS, and NAT.
- Familiarity with common communications link methods and media including: 10/100Base-T(x)
- Ethernet, Fiber Ethernet, RS485, etc.
- AutoCAD or similar experience
SALES PROJECT MANAGER III - FREMONT, CA
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for effectively managing and maintaining relationships between the company and our customers during the order cycle by working directly with customers to access and help meet their needs.
- Maintain and/or develop proven systems to track orders from order entry to shipment/delivery to ensure timeliness of shipment to meet customer’s expectation.
- Maintain strong support for and interact with the Regional Sales Managers and outside sale representatives in the bid process, which includes all order management activities.
- Coordinate with other internal departments and outside sales representatives/customers to achieve on-time shipment.
- Review customer Purchase Order and resolves any commercial/technical issues.
- Prepare order for entry along with managing all associated documents and correspondence.
- Participate in engineering handoff meetings when applicable.
- Work with engineering and customer through the submittal and release process.
- Work with engineering, quotations, sales and customer to manage change orders.
- Interface with Supply Chain to ensure material availability
- Use system generated reports or develop effective reports that track order status and flag potential issues with orders.
- Proactively anticipate, identify and resolve possible issues with orders that may cause delays or other customer complaints.
- Perform other duties, which may be required by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Project Management Certification.
- Minimum 4-7 years of experience in a Project Management or similar position.
- Manufacturing environment in an electrical power industry is a plus
- Knowledge of LV/MV switchgear products is a plus
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Experience with ERP systems is required, Infor preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sense of urgency, Well organized and self-managed
- Comfortable working independently or as part of a team, with commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Able to manage multiple priorities efficiently
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER / TECHNICIAN - JACKSONVILLE, FL
- Commissioning, troubleshooting, analyzing/identifying causes of mis-operation, performing site training and repairing instruments/products at customer’s location.
- Writing of detailed test procedures and field service trip reports is also an essential function.
- This position also includes performing in-house functional testing of IEMPS products prior to shipment.
Education and Experience:
- AS degree or equivalent and a minimum 2 years of experience in the field working with complex electrical equipment
- Ability to make changes to HMI screen & PLC ladder logic programming is highly desirable.
- A willingness to travel (up to 50%), being a team player, having strong communication skills and an ability to work independently without supervision are a must. Will relocate to Jacksonville, FL.
- Testing electrical equipment or instrumentation using several types of test equipment including Hi-Pot, Meggar, 3 Phase Relay Test Equipment, milliamp simulators and multimeters is strongly preferred
- It is a plus if you have experience with multiple/paralleling generator control system start-ups utilizing multi-function protection relays (Basler, GE or Schweitzer) and multi-function engine controllers (Woodward & ComAp). Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
ENTRY-LEVEL PRODUCTION WORKER – FREMONT, CA
Low-Voltage and Medium-Voltage Assemblers - 1st Shift 6AM - 2:30PM
- Complete the assembly of large and complex electrical equipment, including bus bar and electrical components
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand tools and tape measure
- Working well with others, following instructions, and being capable of lifting 50 lbs. TRAINING PROVIDED
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience in a metal fabrication shop using mechanical equipment is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Sitting - 10%; Walking/Standing - 90%
- Frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl and climb.
- Long periods of close work on small fonts and fine print on drawings and ability to see small or detailed items.
Interpret, analyze, research and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Shop/warehouse. Not climate controlled. Exposure to excessive heat and cold, wet/humid conditions, noise/vibration, hazards, dust and fumes.