You are here
IEM’s Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS), equipped with a breaker/switch transfer pair, provides increased reliability and reduced maintenance as compared to solenoid-based operators.
Integrated overcurrent protection is optionally available within the same footprint. The switching elements can be non-automatic switches or breakers in either 3P or 4P configurations.
The ATS is controlled by the Woodward/IEM DTSC/XFER-200, which has an easy to use interface and supports a wide variety of communications and I/O options, including programmable logic capabilities. Our ATS’s are rated for emergency applications and suitable for critical and non-critical loads.
- Current: 3200A max
- Voltage: 208/240/480/600VAC
- Short-circuit withstand: 65/85/100/150kA
- Shot-time withstand: 65/85kA
- Breakers/Switches: Siemens WL 3200AF, 3P/4P
- Access/Entry: Rear top or bottom
- Open-, delayed-, or closed-transition operation
- Automatic or non-automatic (manual) control
- Seamless integration with IEM LV switchboards and switchgear
- Optional Service Entrance rating
- Optional integrated overcurrent protection
- Optional bypass/Isolation models
The DTSC is a premium controller with advanced features, including:
- Event recorder with time stamping
- Back-lit LCD display
- Alarm functions and self-monitoring capabilities
- Versatile programmable logic capabilities
STANDARD ATS CONTROL FEATURES
All of the standard user interface / control features detailed in the DTSC/XFER-200 manual plus:
Control Signals, inputs
- ATS enable/inhibit input
- Re-transfer inhibit input
- Closed transition bypass input (if applicable)
- Standby source transfer request input
- Standby source inhibit / external load shed input
Control Signals, outputs
- (1) NO and (1) NC breaker position contacts
- (1) NO ready for auto contact
- (1) NO source availability contact for each source
- (1) NO and (1) NC generator start contacts
- (1) NO and (1) NC common alarm contacts
OPTIONAL ATS CONTROL FEATURES
- Closed transition capability with passive synchronization
- Automatic active synchronization or soft load transition
- Power metering with overload alarm and load shed functions
- Capacitor buffer to maintain local display and comms during transfers
- Redundant external control power input
- Modbus RTU or TCP interface for monitoring, control, and metering
- Remote manual/SCADA operation
- Standard I/O can be repurposed for custom functions
- Expandable I/O for additional custom logic/PLC capabilities
Fully rated bus is based on density ratings, not UL heat rise tests, resulting in more bus and lower operating temperatures.
All enclosures are designed for specific application with improved dimensional flexibility and finished using state of the art powder coating system providing an indoor finish that exceeds the 1500 hour salt spray testing requirement for outdoor equipment to 3000 hours.
Component and metering selections are based on value engineering for the application and optimized to meet specifications.